Monday, August 30, 2010

CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara, Very Black

[Photo from www.drugstore.com]
I have been itching for this mascara as Aubrey (Fafinettex3) from the States has been talking about this. As CoverGirl has vanished from Singapore many years back, I ordered this through one of the Drugstore.com spree from the States. It retails for USD8.50, and there is usually a "buy a CoverGirl and get the 2nd 50% off" promotion.

The brush for this mascara is fatter than normal, but I have no problems applying it. I used this as a everyday mascara, which means I applied it without curling my lashes. I believe I should not curl my lashes on a daily basis to avoid breakages.  This mascara is easy to apply, doesn't clumps and I like to do it in the zig-zag manner. I am kind of lazy and usually apply just a single coat. I like the way it lengthens and thicken my lashes, without that very "dramatic" look.  Although it is labelled "waterproof", it was a little more water resistant than a regular mascara. I have oily eyelids and watery eyes. Therefore, after a few hours, I had smudges on my lower eyelids which I have to wipe off. This is definitely not the worst mascara that I have used, MAC Plush Lash smudges terribly on me.  I feel that if I applied the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer to eyelids and lashes before applying LashBlast, it can help to prevent the smudges better. 


Although this is waterproof, I have no problems removing it as I use Beaute de Kose Ultimation Softening Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup.


This is definitely an affordable mascara for daily use. I guess it will work wonder for those girls out there with dry to normal complexion. Although this mascara creates a natural long and thick lashes, I am still searching for the perfect mascara.    

No comments:

Post a Comment